Tuesday, April 17, 2007


So a couple weeks ago we did our Easter outreach and in that time we gave the students some questions to answer about spiritual things. One of the questions was would you like to meet with someone to talk more about what it means to be a Christian. Many of the students said yes, so it was our job to follow up. Now even though someone said they wanted to talk more about God and what it means to follow Christ your mind still plays tricks on you and you begin to doubt. It was easy to think that they didn't really mean it or that they aren't really interested. So there was a guy student that said they wanted to talk more and I (Matt) said I would follow up. The doubts came, but I really wanted to meet with him. So I prayed and then later we connected online and I carefully broached the issue by asking if he wanted to hang out sometime and talk. He thought it would be a good idea and then launched into how he would love to meet and talk more about deeper things since he doesn't have many guy friends who want to talk about such things. It was a great time to see God work despite my doubts and fears. I am looking forward to meeting with him this week.

No comments: